Help Desk Technician
A vibrant culture is based on trust. With this in mind, we are reimagining a hybrid work environment to help us collaborate and work more effectively. Our recipe for productivity includes:
Empowerment + Accountability = Freedom to determine the best remote work (away from your team or office) based on your role, business needs, and leadership.
Job Title: Help Desk Technician
Location: San Antonio, TX
Would you want to work in a stable, recession-proof industry? Are you interested in starting your career with a dynamic company in a multi-disciplinary role? Are you a determined self-starter? Do you love working on a team? Are you organized with a high attention to detail? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment?
Provides day-to-day technical support for the organization’s staff in relation to Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, endpoints and software systems. Monitors the OddSquad Help Desk and ensures issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provides first level support to OBE companies via in-person, telephone, MS Teams, remote access, and/or e-mail to assist users in resolving technology related issues. Recognizes and escalates more difficult issues to the proper OddSquad staff.
- Modifies and/or resets user accounts on the Windows network, CINC System, and other applications as needed. Maintains user groups and user privilege template groups within the application environments utilized by OBE companies.
- Installs, configures, and maintains OBE desktop/laptop PCs, mobile devices, and peripherals. Deploys software installs and upgrades in person or via remote access tools as needed.
- Utilizes helpdesk software to document problems and record solutions.
- Troubleshoots problems found in networked equipment: to include PCs, laptops, scanners, and printers.
- Performs physical equipment configurations and installations for new workstations.
- Maintains an accurate asset inventory of computers and related equipment.
- Performs tasks to support the OddSquad Team in completion of IT related projects.
- Remains abreast of computer technology trends and offers recommendations to enhance the OddSquad’s ability to support the IT needs of the Oddball Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field; or two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A+, Network+, CCNA, or related technical certification is a plus.
- Six months to two years of computer operations and helpdesk experience.
Position Required Skills:
- Must have the following skills and/or abilities:
- Ability to apply a systematic approach to troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to work effectively with fellow team members
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 Professional
- Must be able to:
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Lift 10-20 lbs.
- Climb, stoop, and/or kneel while installing/uninstalling PC equipment or other tasks.
Who is SPECTRUM AM?
Spectrum Association Management is a Homeowners’ Association Management company, an Orange Box Enterprises company, that has been in business since 2001, with offices across Texas and Arizona. We appreciate the people we work with and want to provide our people with the resources and flexibility they need to succeed. Some of those resources include:
- In-house learning and development system, including formal certification and continued personal development, to expand your knowledge and personal brand
- Exposure to multiple facets of the organization with defined career pathways and support to achieve your personal goals within the organization
- A friendly and welcoming culture, with activities you can participate in with others, drawings, and fun contests
- A strong team environment
- A positive culture that has won us Best Places to Work for the past 14 Years in a Row!
More details about SPECTRUM is available at www.spectrumam.com/careers
Compensation and Benefits Package:
- This is an hourly position and pay rate is $16.00 per hour
- Hybrid Empowerment Plan - Our culture is based on trust. We empower our employees to work in-office and remotely based on the role, requirements of the business, and preference of the employee.
- Recognized as Best Places to Work 14 years in a row!
- Fastest Growing Company - Fast Track 50 in 2020.
- San Antonio-based homeowners’ association management company.
- Privately-owned with 20 years in business.
- Work / Life balance.
- 5 weeks of PTO to allow for rest, travel, family, and your hobbies.
- 40 paid hours per year for community service activities.
- Internal Learning and Development Management System.
- Full suite of benefits includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life/AD&D and a 401k program.
- Free medical clinic in-house (in San Antonio office – virtual appointments for other offices).
- Well-structured career track plan with a 6-month review for compensation increase based on performance
Spectrum believes the greatest respect we can show a candidate is to conduct a thorough and detailed interview process. If you are ready and willing to invest your time and effort in Spectrum, then we will surely invest in getting to know you better if we see a solid match to the position. This would include a screening interview, department interview, panel interview, employment verification and dialog with references. Additionally, if we extend an offer, we conduct drug screening and background checks.
Orange Box Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer